Monday, April 6, 2009

I think I need to have another wedding

My trusty old crock pot still cooks great, but I have to use a plyers to adjust the temp. My electric griddle heats unevenly and I have to have a bowl under the grease drip area because the little grease catcher broke. We have place setting for 6.5 people (as long as that .5 person doesn't want soup or salad). Our silverware (that my G&G gave us) is still in good shape, but there are a couple of spoons that got attacked by the garbage disposal and a fork that BB stuck in the furnace vent when he was about a year old and bent one of the tongs. I got to thinking, "wouldn't it be great if after 10 years people just gave ya new stuff or you got to have another wedding?". Like household items should be a must at a 10th anniversary party!

I was thinking about the things I would put on a registry. We had no idea what we would need when we did our registry. We did pretty good, but we could do MUCH better today. I have to laugh when I think of the first time we attempted a registry. We had no idea what we were doing, we ended up with about 10 things on there all on the more expensive side. I think it was just the novelty of doing something wedding related. Thankfully, we came to our senses and went back and fixed it!

I also get a good chuckle when I see registries with dog bones and sporting supplies. I'm sure those snausages and that camping chair will come in handy when making dinner! Even if the person has an established home on their own, who can't use newer things?! I guess its just one of life's little mysteries....

No comments:

Post a Comment